The Trick That Got Me 150 Instagram Followers in 2 Days
Instagram is definitely one of the most used apps right now. Everyone from teenagers to corporate companies are utilizing the app. Why is it so popular? Instagram is not only a free app, which within itself is a selling point, it also is an instant creative social app.
Just like every other social media platform, if you’re going to use it for business, you are going to need a strategy. So if you’re just starting out, with no plan, you will most likely become discouraged pretty quickly. You’ll spend hours picking the perfect picture, writing a killer caption, only to get a few likes. It’s a total bummer. I’ve ben there, I know.
Once I started my blog, I knew I had to step up my game and figure out a strategy that would not only increase engagement, but increase authentic engagement. Through a lot of trial and error, I have found a method that has skyrocketed my number of engaged followers. So much that I actually gained 150 followers in 2 days! I’ll show you exactly how I achieved these results.
Disclaimer: You need to put some effort into your strategy. Posting and ignoring won’t do you much good. Keep that in mind.
- Professional Profile: Instagram is a personal profile picture, your audience is going to want to see your face. I suggest you make it a professional looking photo. It is very obvious which users are biz owners, entrepreneurs, or bloggers just by looking at their profile bio. Get looking at their profile bio. Get creative – make yourself stand out amongst your competitors.
- Utilize Your Bio Appropriately: I know for me personally, when I switched my bio from cheesy quote to a description of my biz. I started getting more followers in my target audience use your bio to add your tittle [ Social Media Strategist, CEO, Blogger, etc.] and your quick elevator pitch. Use 20 words or less & add your website, your store or latest blog post URL! This is so important. Your followers are going to want to find you offline and build a relationship.
- Use Hashtags: This is definitely the best way to expose your content and gain relevant followers on Instagram. I recommend using no more than 10 tags. Anymore than that, kind of looks spammy. When choosing hashtags you use on your photo, think of hashtags your target audience uses. That ensures your content will get infant of the people you want to see it.
Need hashtag help? No problem!
- Creative Biz: #thenativecreative #creativeentrepreneur #createlounge #tnchustler #mycreativebiz
- Blogger: #ontheblog #blogger #lifestyleblog #bloggerdoitbetter
- Foodie: #foodie #foodporn #hotforfood #cookingwithlove #ilovecooking
- Random Favorites: #thatsdarling #darlingweekend #abeautifulmess #liveauthentic #makemoments #theeverydaygirl #flashesofdelight #persuepretty
4.Engagement: Before you’re like “Duh! that’s so obvious” Hold on, hear me out. I have a secret technique. Secret as in I’ve never blogged about it before. By doing this everyday, it now results in gaining 20+/day.
- Click on a hashtag you used in your last photo.
- Like 50-80 phones under that hashtag.
- Leave 25-30 genuine comments.
Note: You can only like 150 photos in 1 hour. So if you hit you limit you might need to take a little break.
- Pick a new hashtag and repeat steps.
The first time I completed these steps in this post, I was able to gain 150 followers in 2 days! I was shocked. I spent way to much time in the past not taking Instagram seriously with no strategic plan. Getting my act together has really grown my account as well as my blog, and this is only the beginning!
What techniques do you use to grow your accounts?
Bio: Alexis is the co-founder and Digital Marketing Strategist of TwinFin Media. She also has her own blog alexisnickcreates.com
DON’T FORGET IT : PIN IT!
stock photography provided by Haute Chocolate!