Ladies! Have you seen the new Instagram Stories floating around on Instagram? Instagram Stories is a new feature that lets you share all the moments of your day, not just the ones you want to keep on your profile. As you share multiple photos and videos, they appear together in a slideshow format: your story. With Instagram Stories, you don’t have to worry about overposting. Instead, you can share as much as you want throughout the day — with as much creativity as you want. You can bring your story to life in new ways with text and drawing tools. The photos and videos will disappear after 24 hours and won’t appear on your profile grid or in feed. On Instagram, they’re featured across the top of your homepage as little circles.
I don’t know about you, but I just never got into Snapchat and I kept hesitating because I didn’t want to try and build an audience on yet another platform. Instagram Stories solves that problem. So, how do we use Instagram Stories for Business? Let me just fill you in sister…
HOW TO CREATE AN INSTAGRAM STORY:
- To Create:
- From your Instagram home page, select the + with a circle around it in the top left. Snap a picture or press and hold to record a video, then hit the check mark to share.
- To add photos or video previously taken, follow one of the same steps above, but then pull down and it will open your media from the last 24 hours. It doesn’t let you pull from further back. Repeat this process to add to your Instagram Story!
HOW TO USE INSTAGRAM STORIES FOR YOUR BUSINESS:
- Use this tool as a way to connect with your audience in “real time” – pop in during the day to check in and/or show people what you’re up to! For now, we cannot schedule in advance Instagram Stories.
- You don’t have to stress about Instagram Stories so much, seeing as that they are only live for 24 hours.
- Connect with your audience on a more personal level – touching in with them throughout your work day.
- Introduce yourself! Take advantage of #fridayintroductions on Instagram and show the people the face behind the business!
- Scared of video? It’s cool – you can also share photos. 🙂
- Use this video op to share a new product, blog post, a launch, etc…be sure to direct them to your website.
- Do you have something that wouldn’t necessarily match with your cohesive Instagram feed? No worries, share it on Instagram Stories instead.
- Be active. If you start using Instagram Stories, stick with it so your audience will know what to expect from you!
- Direct people to your website, your Instagram feed, another social media sister, whatever tickles your fancy.
- Have fun!
WHO IS KILLING IT ON INSTAGRAM STORIES?
So, what do you think? Are you a fan of Instagram Stories? Are you a watcher or a videographer? Let me know in the comments below! And find me over on Instagram so I can see if you try it out! @amyhowardsocial
DON’T FORGET IT : PIN IT!